2nd MacPorts Meeting & Online Meeting

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sun Oct 16 15:59:58 PDT 2016

Hi Marko,

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 12:38:20AM +0200, Marko Käning wrote:
> now that you say it… Weren’t you aiming at the Wiesn earlier this
> year? ;-)

Well, as you noticed, that didn't happen ;)

> I noticed that there is eventually an official MacPorts ports git repo
> [1] online since a few days now, which Ryan seems to be administering…
> Cools stuff! It looks like MacPorts will soon work through git. I
> think I was the first who forked this. ;)

There will be an official announcement email with more instructions in a
couple of days, too. We're still hammering out the details of the
process and the draft.

For now, note that the repositories are subject to complete history
rewrite and force push on all branches at any time, because we're fixing
the last few flaws in the conversion scripts, so your fork might soon
been completely out of touch with the main repo.

--
Clemens