No Xcode 8 CLT for El Capitan

Adam Dershowitz dersh at alum.mit.edu
Wed Sep 21 12:45:27 PDT 2016

It does:

$ xcode-select -p
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer

For me some updates in Macports, including some builds, seem to work OK, and others, such as cmake, are giving an error:
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52258 <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52258>

I’m not sure if I then need to completely switch to Xcode 7?  Or if I can just install the command line tools for 10.11 Xcode 7.3.1?  If I do that, where do they install, so that I can point xcode-select to the proper path?

--Adam