Handling C++11

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 18 21:15:55 UTC 2017

Hi,

See

https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/using_dual_abi.html

For the details.

Set the ABI controls whether or not you compile using the new c++11 standards compliant implementations of string and list. If you set the ABI back to 0 then yes, you can then mix different std libs. But you are not strictly c++11 compliant. For that reason i do not think its a path we should be looking at as a general 'fix' for the stdlib issue.

Chris