Qmake does not respect compiler choice

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Sat Jul 1 19:44:58 UTC 2017

Hi Nicolas - qmake by itself will not "do the right thing", as you note,
for pretty much any 'port' setting (CC, CXX, *FLAGS).
If you use the qmake 1.0 PortGroup, then qmake should "do the right
thing". If you're using this PG & qmake is still not doing the right
thing, then the issue is likely the 'Makefile' or 'configure' script
interface.
Hope this helps! - MLD