GSoC'17: Add migrate action to port command Project

Umesh Singla umeshksingla at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 23:00:50 UTC 2017

Hello,

As we discussed on IRC, I've been looking into the project "Add migrate
action to port command" and hoping to submit a draft proposal very soon.
I'll need your help in putting up a nice proposal for sure.

I'm currently trying to acquaint myself with the MacPorts codebase and came
across the Macports guide [0]. Thanks for keeping such guides for newbies.
The project description points to a migration instruction guide [1],
automating which is more or less the goal of the project, am I right?

Since final submission deadline is close, I'll be grateful if someone can
point me in the right direction for now and not waste time fiddling around.

Also, @Jackson, I'm not able to find any discussion about this project on
mailing list threads. Can you link me to them? I think they'll help me in
understanding the need and expected outcomes by the community from this
project and *might give a better insight into the project*.

@pixilla, if we need to discuss, what'd be the best time according to your
timezone?

Hoping for a quick reply,
Umesh