Issues with clock_gettime(CLOCK_REALTIME, &wait) pre macOS 10.13

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Tue Oct 23 15:18:17 UTC 2018

> We have worked around this in a number of ports so far, and turned off some functionality in others.
>
> I use the_silver_searcher to find stuff like this, for example in the macports-ports repo:
>
> ag -i clock_gettime .

Sorry, I don't follow the reference to the_silver_searcher or what the
'ag' command above is supposed to be (I don't have it).

Anyway, I guess I was not precise enough. Yes, I already have noted a
number of ports in the repo have patches to work around this. What I was
hoping for was a way to fix this *without* have to patch or touch the
port at all. Something like updating snowleopardfixes to add whatever is
needed so that ports automatically find the required implementation and
use it, transparently.

Chris