GSoC Proposal

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Apr 2 07:40:44 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2 Apr 2019 at 01:33, KARAN SHETH wrote:

> Is it possible to rename the existing Python ports as per PYPI so that
> issues of duplicates ports can be avoided?

Yes, I would be in favour of coming up with an "algorithm" for naming all
python ports and then stick to it. Ports which don't follow the convention
could and should be renamed.

Pypi packages might be called "foo", "pyfoo", "py-foo", ... and we just
need to agree on how to do the name transformation in some well-defined
way. Some maintainers changed "pyfoo" into "py-foo", others into
"py-pyfoo". This needs to be unified.

Mojca