[MacPorts] #58307: [port abandoned] abcde

Christopher Chavez chrischavez at gmx.us
Sun Apr 7 02:50:39 UTC 2019

> On Apr 5, 2019, at 8:18 PM, Gabriel Rosenkoetter <gr at eclipsed.net> wrote:
>
> On 2019-04-05 17:02 EDT, MacPorts wrote:
>> #58307: [port abandoned] abcde
>> Maintainer has not had any activity
>> [https://trac.macports.org/search?q=eclipsed.net since 2016] and had been
>> assigned #56443.
>>
>> #48948 was also opened on their port but I think they might not have ever
>> been notified of it.
>
> Ack! Wait! I'm still here!
>
> I apologize that I missed that trac. I'm sure I must've received an
> email about it, but I've been distracted. Also: I was apparently not
> subscribed to macports-dev (and it's probably my fault that I didn't
> realize that I should be?).
>
> Chris, thank you for pulling the upstream update in! (I'm also on the
> abcde lists, but I haven't been paying any better attention there.)
>
> If you'd like to pick the abcde port up entirely, I'd be fine with that,
> but I think maybe having a single maintainer is (demonstrably: me!) not
> the best plan, and I think I'm in a better place to pay attention again.
>
> I confess I don't recall the details of how join-maintainership gets set
> up. I think maybe one has to be primary? If so, it seems like you
> (Chris) are more in the loop right now, so maybe that should be you?
>
> --
> Gabriel Rosenkoetter
> gr at eclipsed.net

Hi Gabriel, thanks for replying. Sorry if I worried you; indeed I am just a non-MacPorts-member doing minor improvements on easier-to-maintain ports (like abcde) and going through stale tickets on Trac in my free time as it were.

I’m glad to hear you’re still/once again interested in this port. I wouldn’t mind at all co-maintaining it, however I do not use abcde actively, so if you still use it actively then I would be more comfortable with you remaining the primary maintainer. I’ll try updating the port to 2.9.3 soon and add myself as a co-maintainer. Do you have a GitHub account? If so, MacPorts would like to add your handle to the Portfile.

Christopher A. Chavez