GSoC 2019 [Phase out dependency on Xcode]

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Mon Apr 8 20:50:56 UTC 2019

Hi Satryaji,

On Mon, Apr 08, 2019 at 10:44:43AM +0700, Satryaji Aulia wrote:
> Hi Clemens, I'd also like your feedback on my proposal, particularly
> about Xcode dependency. What do you think?

I've left a couple of comments in your Google Doc, but overall yours is
a solid proposal. Sorry for only picking up on your thread now, but
we've been somewhat overwhelmed by GSoC proposals this year.

I didn't comment on it in the proposal document, but I like your work on
the bump tool. Haven't looked at the code, but the screen recording
looks like a very helpful tool. We've actually wanted something like
this for a long time, but haven't found the time to implement it. I
don't have time to review the PR right now, but please feel free to keep
pestering me about it weekly or biweekly until I get to it.

> Also thanks for the 1 hour tutorial on macports-base. It helped a lot
> with understanding the MacPorts system, not just me but other
> prospective GSOC students as I read on the mailing list.

Any time, glad this MacPorts Meeting recording has been so helpful to
people over the years :)

--
Clemens