[certbot] port upgrade fails

Bjarne D Mathiesen macintosh at mathiesen.info
Sat Aug 31 18:13:22 UTC 2019

Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:

> Presently, I'm trying to modify py-acme & cerbot to use git instead .
> These two ports are among the for me mission critical ones.
> And I spent several days getting certbot to integrate with my dns
> service. ( I have to use "dns-01 challenge" because I use *.domain i my
> certs).
>
> I'll might also take a go at doing variants for the various dns-services
> certbot supports natively ; but they - as well as the apache & ngix
> server integration - are of no interest to me, because I've got a really
> complicated apache server configuration .

I've got the subports working 😇🤓👍🏻

I've updated the certbot Portfile :
    https://macports.mathiesen.info/portfiles/security/certbot/Portfile

Feel free to 😜steal😜 whatever you can/need 😇🤓

#=> port -d sync
DEBUG: Copying /var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist to
/macports/var/macports/home/Library/Preferences
--->  Updating the ports tree
Synchronizing local ports tree from
file:///Volumes/Bjarne/WebServer/MacPorts/newPorts
DEBUG: system: /macports/bin/portindex
/Volumes/Bjarne/WebServer/MacPorts/newPorts
Creating port index in /Volumes/Bjarne/WebServer/MacPorts/newPorts

Adding port security/certbot
Adding subport certbot-apache
Adding subport certbot-nginx
Adding subport certbot-dns-cloudflare
Adding subport certbot-dns-cloudxns
Adding subport certbot-dns-digitalocean
Adding subport certbot-dns-dnsimple
Adding subport certbot-dns-dnsmadeeasy
Adding subport certbot-dns-gehirn
Adding subport certbot-dns-google
Adding subport certbot-dns-linode
Adding subport certbot-dns-luadns
Adding subport certbot-dns-nsone
Adding subport certbot-dns-ovh
Adding subport certbot-dns-rfc2136
Adding subport certbot-dns-route53
Adding subport certbot-dns-sakuracloud

Total number of ports parsed:	17
Ports successfully parsed:	17
Ports failed:			0
Up-to-date ports skipped:	3

#=> port info certbot-nginx
certbot-nginx @0.37.2 (security)
Variants:             python27, (+)python37, universal

                      configurations. We recommend backing up Nginx
                      configurations before using it (though you
                      can also revert changes to configurations with
                      certbot "--nginx rollback"). You can use it by
                      providing the "--nginx" flag on
                      the commandline.
                      https://certbot.eff.org/docs/using.html#nginx
Homepage:             https://certbot.eff.org/

Fetch Dependencies:   git
Build Dependencies:   py37-setuptools
Library Dependencies: py37-configargparse, py37-configobj,
                      py37-cryptography, py37-future, py37-mock,
                      py37-openssl, py37-parsedatetime, py37-psutil,
                      py37-pyrfc3339, py37-six, py37-tz,
                      py37-zopecomponent, py37-zope-deferredimport,
                      py37-zope-deprecation, py37-zopehookable,
                      py37-acme
Platforms:            darwin
License:              Apache-2
Maintainers:          GitHub: BjarneDMat
                      Policy: openmaintainer

#=> port install certbot-nginx
--->  Computing dependencies for certbot-nginx
--->  Fetching distfiles for certbot-nginx
--->  Verifying checksums for certbot-nginx
--->  Extracting certbot-nginx
--->  Configuring certbot-nginx
--->  Building certbot-nginx
--->  Staging certbot-nginx into destroot
--->  Installing certbot-nginx @0.37.2_0+python37
--->  Activating certbot-nginx @0.37.2_0+python37
--->  Cleaning certbot-nginx
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors
--->  No broken files found.
--->  No broken ports found.

#=> port install certbot-dns-cloudflare
--->  Computing dependencies for certbot-dns-cloudflare
--->  Fetching distfiles for certbot-dns-cloudflare
--->  Verifying checksums for certbot-dns-cloudflare
--->  Extracting certbot-dns-cloudflare
--->  Configuring certbot-dns-cloudflare
--->  Building certbot-dns-cloudflare
--->  Staging certbot-dns-cloudflare into destroot
--->  Installing certbot-dns-cloudflare @0.37.2_0+python37
--->  Activating certbot-dns-cloudflare @0.37.2_0+python37
--->  Cleaning certbot-dns-cloudflare
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors
--->  No broken files found.
--->  No broken ports found.

Now, beyond making these *install* correctly, I've personally no way of
determining whether they 🙃function🙃 correctly.

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
Korsør ; Danmark ; Europa