[MacPorts] #58729: legacy-support missing futimens() (and utimensat)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 17:15:07 UTC 2019

On Tuesday July 16 2019 15:42:49 MacPorts wrote:

>  Perhaps we might consider a "best approximation" so that software builds
>  at least, and works as best the OS can support. I am thinking that is (or

AFAIK this is the main goal here. And one can cause a compiler warning to be raised each time an emulation is used that doesn't necessarily achieve the same effect.

The case I ran into used futimens to set timestamps with µsec granularity. Why it would would do that with futimens is beyond me, but here at least there is no question about the ultimate effect.

And IMHO that question is moot on Mac filesystems that don't support nsec resolution; it would make sense to decrease the precision on those.