Need help with troubleshooting Blender PR

Jason Liu jasonliu at umich.edu
Sat Aug 29 03:18:03 UTC 2020

> Avoid that if at all possible. On 10.14 and later, the compiler will
> default to using MacOSX.sdk which, as discussed earlier, is often for a
> newer OS version.

Actually, it's worse than that, at least in regards to Blender. Combining
what you just said, with what Ryan had said earlier:

MacPorts base sets the SDKROOT environment variable to the value of
> ${configure.sdkroot} if the value of ${configure.sdkroot} is not empty. By
> default, it is not empty on macOS 10.14 and later (because in 10.14 Apple
> removed the headers from /), and it is empty on 10.13 and earlier.

Since Apple removed the headers from / , and I assume various other
additional reasons, if I set ${configure.sdkroot} to empty, the 10.14/10.15
Azure builds fail spectacularly because they are unable to find things like
OpenGL.framework.

Back to the drawing board.

--
Jason Liu