ACTION REQUIRED: Set your SMTP password

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Wed Nov 18 03:37:35 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 04:35:50PM +0100, Clemens Lang wrote:
> As a consequence, I will be setting up an SMTP submission service on
> our server. I will also provide a self-service to set your SMTP
> password that will leverage GitHub OAuth2 authentication.

If you have a @macports.org email address, please do the following steps
now:

 - Ensure your @macports.org email address has been added to your GitHub
   account and is verified on GitHub.
 - Go to https://smtpselfservice.macports.org/, log in using GitHub, and
   set your SMTP password.
 - Configure your mail client to send mail from your @macports.org
   address as documented at
   https://smtpselfservice.macports.org/settings.

I am planning on tightening the SPF records and deploying DKIM in a
week, i.e. on 2020-11-25. Please make sure to migrate to the new SMTP
service by then, or your mails will end up in spam filters.

The source code for the SMTP self service web app is available at
https://github.com/macports/macports-smtpselfservice. PRs welcome.

--
Clemens