Meson 0.56.2 and Python39

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Wed Feb 3 00:26:57 UTC 2021

Ken:

I wasn’t trying to suggest that anybody failed at anything.  The problem may be specific to dav1d...but if it was more general, I wanted to alert others.  That’s all; I meant no offence to anyone.

And I could see how this might escape notice since it only affects meson on older OS versions.  In the dav1d PR, CI didn’t produce results for the older OS versions.  I thought the CI system was just being grumpy.  I’m very much a neophyte with the PR process.  Github and git still baffle me all too often.

Anyway, I have 'port test meson' running on my 10.10 system even though I don’t expect anything.  I don’t have a working virtualization system at the moment.  Perhaps tomorrow I can get that back up and try the tests on 10.9 and earlier.  And try to build dav1d to get better log info.

Craig