Octave port: website search results, 6.2.0, and Tablicious

Arjun Salyan arjun at macports.org
Tue Mar 9 17:39:52 UTC 2021

> On 09-Mar-2021, at 2:48 PM, Andrew Janke <floss at apjanke.net> wrote:
> Question 2: When I go to https://ports.macports.org/ and type "octave" in the "Search Ports" field, leaving the radio button on "Search by port-name" and hit enter, it brings up results for all the octave-* add-on packages, but not the octave port itself. What's up with that?

We have a very basic search in place doing a simple case-insensitive match- a powerful new search (based on Solr) has been added in a newer version of the website. But as of now we have not been able to host the new version due to lack of infrastructure resources.

I have many times planned to make the existing search smarter, but then we seem to be very close to getting the new version up.

Thanks