Octave port: website search results, 6.2.0, and Tablicious

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Mar 9 23:18:50 UTC 2021

On Mar 9, 2021, at 03:18, Andrew Janke wrote:

> Octave 6.2.0 is out; released on Feb 20. Looking at https://ports.macports.org/port/octave/summary, it seems like the MacPorts port is still on 6.1.0. When can we expect it to update to 6.2.0? Anything I can do to help out with that process? I ask because we just had a user ask on the octave-maintainers list about a build-from-source issue with 6.2.0 from source on Mac in a MacPorts environment, and I would really like to be able to tell them "just install the official port!".

To request a port update, it is recommended to file a ticket in our Trac issue tracker, or if you can prepare the update yourself, you can submit that to us as a pull request.

The bug report for this issue is: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/59991

Marius added it last month but did not mention where he found it: https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/11e5dbd983ba2cca63e884245fb4adfd5f40b6b3

Marius fixed this: https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/687bb3f4fd32e4c3f7a43c84728b6fcfc4465046