Ports updated without maintainer notification?

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Sat May 8 20:07:50 UTC 2021

On May 8, 2021, at 3:48 PM, Jason Liu <jasonliu at umich.edu> wrote:
> As I said in the last message that I just sent, the risk of updating the particular ports I mentioned are that they are dependencies for the blender port, and might cause blender to fail. Every time I have updated those libraries in the past, I have always made sure that the updated version compiles against the blender port. Not only that, but I did run into one instance where blender was compiling successfully against a newer version of one of the libraries, but the Blender app was crashing during runtime whenever I tried to render a project.

Whether or not you decide to keep openmaintainer on the ports in question, it would be a good idea to make a note about this in a comment in the portfiles for those libraries so that anyone who decides to commit a change (openmaintainer/maintainer timeout/security update/mistake) is more likely to be aware of this.

--
Daniel J. Luke