Becoming a legal entity and accepting donations (was: Re: Buildbot Performance)

Mark Anderson mark at macports.org
Tue May 18 00:22:44 UTC 2021

Yeah, I was thinking of the US as well, and I meant non-profit, which
doesn't have tax deductible donations but is assumed to not make money. The
problem is there is a lot of work around becoming a legal entity and
accepting donations or whatever. I honestly have no idea how much work
exactly - but certainly not zero. I have no idea how non-US entities work.

—Mark
Mark E. Anderson <mark at macports.org>
MacPorts Trac WikiPage <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/mark>
GitHub Profile <https://github.com/markemer>