Difference between mpbb and local builds

Link Dupont link.dupont at mac.com
Fri Feb 2 18:40:45 UTC 2024

I submitted a new port[1] recently. I ensured that it compiled and runs locally, but when I the commit was merged, I noticed that the buildbot builds are failing[2] with an error:

> cli.c:8:10: fatal error: 'availability.h' file not found

I’m puzzled why this doesn’t seem to be a problem locally. How can I go about reproducing this build failure locally so that I can figure out a fix? What sort of differences are there between ports built locally and ports built by the build bot?

1: https://ports.macports.org/port/socket_vmnet/
2: https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-14_arm64-builder/builds/16659/steps/install-port/logs/stdio