Building octave

Calum Robertson calum.robertson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 12:40:18 PST 2006

Hi,

I encountered some problems when building SuiteSparse and have applied the
patch using:

sudo patch -p1 < patch-SuiteSparse-Portfile

and this appears to apply the patch:

patching file
opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/math/SuiteSparse/Portfile
patching file files/patch-complex-type
patching file files/patch-config
patching file files/patch-disable-demos
patching file files/patch-macports-metis
patching file files/patch-powerpc-nanotime
patching file files/patch-size_t-fix

However, when I come to build octave, I do:

sudo port -v install octave

and get:

Portfile changed since last build; discarding previous state.
--->  Fetching SuiteSparse
--->  patch-complex-type doesn't seem to exist in
/opt/local/var/db/dports/distfiles/SuiteSparse
--->  Attempting to fetch patch-complex-type from
http://distfiles-od.opendarwin.org/SuiteSparse
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:56 --:--:--
0

Various attempts are made to find the file patch-complex-type to no avail.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to build SuiteSparse?

Thanks.