Macports "broken by default" (Re: gnome-vfs missing dependencies?)

Randall Wood rhwood at mac.com
Wed Oct 4 02:45:49 PDT 2006

It is often the case that others may suffer from build failures or
crashes that a port maintainer is not capable of reproducing.

That said, the port HAS been fixed. See the output below.

Getafix:~ rhwood$ port info dbus
dbus 0.61, Revision 2, devel/dbus (Variants: with_qt, with_mono)
http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/dbus

{A message bus system, a simple way for applications to talk to one
another.}

Library Dependencies: glib2, libxml2
Platforms: darwin
Maintainers: macports-dev at lists.macosforge.org
Getafix:~ rhwood$ port provides /opt/local/lib/pkgconfig/dbus-glib-1.pc
/opt/local/lib/pkgconfig/dbus-glib-1.pc is provided by: dbus
Getafix:~ rhwood$ port info gnome-vfs
gnome-vfs 2.16.0, gnome/gnome-vfs (Variants: darwin_6, darwin_7,
use_system_dependencies)
http://www.gnome.org/

This is the GNOME Virtual File System. GNOME VFS is currently used as
one of the foundations of the Nautilus file manager.

Library Dependencies: gnome-mime-data, gconf, howl, neon, dbus,
openssl, libidl
Platforms: darwin
Maintainers: macports-dev at lists.macosforge.org rhwood at macports.org