http update ports tree using subversion

BB 2nfinite at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 18:18:54 PDT 2006

Chris,

Thanks, I have subversion 1.4 installed and had no problem checking
out the tree.

Would the following amended instructions work?

1. Checkout ports tree and place in standard MacPorts location:
cd /opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/
svn co http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports \
rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports

2. Manually update as needed:
cd /opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate
svn up

Seems like it would work, do you see any problems with doing it this
way?

Brian