MRTG

Mark Duling mark.duling at biola.edu
Wed Sep 27 13:30:35 PDT 2006

Paul Beard <paulbeard at gmail.com> writes:
>I'd give an example but I no longer use mrtg: I use rrdtool.
>
>If you think you might want rrdtool (which offers a lot more)
>checkout cacti (cacti.net) as a front-end/config manager. care and
>feeding of rrdtool is much more involved.

I like NRG for SNMP graphing.  A bulletproof perl based RRDtool front-end
that is very simple to use and manages all your web pages automatiically.

http://homepage.mac.com/duling/halfdozen/NRG-Howto-p1.html

NetMRG is sortof like Cacti I think but they both seem to me overly
complex to understand and use with little benefit for the effort.  But I
guess I just don't understand their way of templating really.

http://homepage.mac.com/duling/halfdozen/NetMRG-Howto.html

Mark