(no subject)

Alex Pretzlav macports at turnlav.net
Mon Apr 9 22:31:00 PDT 2007

When I try to use trace mode I get this error:
$ sudo port -dvut upgrade zlib
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/
rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/archivers/zlib
DEBUG: epoch: in tree: 0 installed: 0
DEBUG: zlib 1.2.3_1 exists in the ports tree
DEBUG: zlib 1.2.3_0 is installed
DEBUG: variants to install
DEBUG: available variants are :
DEBUG: new portvariants:
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/
rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/archivers/zlib
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port zlib.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port zlib.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port zlib.
Warning: trace requires Tcl Thread package (no suitable image found.
Did find:
         /Library/Tcl/thread2.6.1/libthread2.6.1.dylib: mach-o, but
wrong architecture)
can't read "trace_sandboxbounds": no such variable
Warning: the following items did not execute (for zlib):
com.apple.destroot com.apple.main com.apple.fetch com.apple.extract
com.apple.checksum com.apple.patch com.apple.configure com.apple.build
DEBUG:
Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1

Indeed:
$ file /Library/Tcl/thread2.6.1/libthread2.6.1.dylib
/Library/Tcl/thread2.6.1/libthread2.6.1.dylib: Mach-O dynamically
linked shared library ppc

However,
$ file /System/Library/Tcl/thread2.6/libthread2.6.dylib
/System/Library/Tcl/thread2.6/libthread2.6.dylib: Mach-O universal
binary with 2 architectures
/System/Library/Tcl/thread2.6/libthread2.6.dylib (for architecture
i386):       Mach-O dynamically linked shared library i386
/System/Library/Tcl/thread2.6/libthread2.6.dylib (for architecture
ppc):        Mach-O dynamically linked shared library ppc

and,
$ file /opt/local/share/darwinports/Tcl/thread2.6/libthread2.6.dylib
/opt/local/share/darwinports/Tcl/thread2.6/libthread2.6.dylib: Mach-O
dynamically linked shared library i386

   Is there a way to A) install the correct Tcl library for intel
into /Library (short of manually copying all the correct files) or B)
get macports to use its own tcl library or the one in /System,
instead of in /Library?

I'm running the latest version of macports (1.4) installed via
selfupdate.

I have an intel mac (macbook pro core 2 duo) onto which I migrated my
files from a G4 powerbook using migration assistant (and nothing more
except for a few files manually here and there like httpd.conf), so
it looks like somehow my Tcl thread library got migrated over (unless
this is a known issue?).  If I manually remove the Tcl folder from /
Library (hoping it will use one of the alternatives) port breaks
completely:
$ port
can't find package darwinports
     while executing