(no subject)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Apr 9 22:56:36 PDT 2007

On Apr 10, 2007, at 00:31, Alex Pretzlav wrote:

> When I try to use trace mode I get this error:
> $ sudo port -dvut upgrade zlib
> DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/
> rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/archivers/zlib
> DEBUG: epoch: in tree: 0 installed: 0
> DEBUG: zlib 1.2.3_1 exists in the ports tree
> DEBUG: zlib 1.2.3_0 is installed
> DEBUG: variants to install
> DEBUG: available variants are :
> DEBUG: new portvariants:
> DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/
> rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/archivers/zlib
> DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port zlib.
> DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port zlib.
> DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port zlib.
> Warning: trace requires Tcl Thread package (no suitable image
> found.  Did find:
>         /Library/Tcl/thread2.6.1/libthread2.6.1.dylib: mach-o, but
> wrong architecture)
> can't read "trace_sandboxbounds": no such variable
> Warning: the following items did not execute (for zlib):
> com.apple.destroot com.apple.main com.apple.fetch com.apple.extract
> com.apple.checksum com.apple.patch com.apple.configure com.apple.build
> DEBUG:
> Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
>
> Indeed:
> $ file /Library/Tcl/thread2.6.1/libthread2.6.1.dylib
> /Library/Tcl/thread2.6.1/libthread2.6.1.dylib: Mach-O dynamically
> linked shared library ppc
>
> However,
> $ file /System/Library/Tcl/thread2.6/libthread2.6.dylib
> /System/Library/Tcl/thread2.6/libthread2.6.dylib: Mach-O universal
> binary with 2 architectures
> /System/Library/Tcl/thread2.6/libthread2.6.dylib (for architecture
> i386):       Mach-O dynamically linked shared library i386
> /System/Library/Tcl/thread2.6/libthread2.6.dylib (for architecture
> ppc):        Mach-O dynamically linked shared library ppc
>
> and,
> $ file /opt/local/share/darwinports/Tcl/thread2.6/libthread2.6.dylib
> /opt/local/share/darwinports/Tcl/thread2.6/libthread2.6.dylib: Mach-
> O dynamically linked shared library i386
>

>   Is there a way to A) install the correct Tcl library for intel
> into /Library (short of manually copying all the correct files) or
> B) get macports to use its own tcl library or the one in /System,
> instead of in /Library?
>
> I'm running the latest version of macports (1.4) installed via
> selfupdate.
>
> I have an intel mac (macbook pro core 2 duo) onto which I migrated
> my files from a G4 powerbook using migration assistant (and nothing
> more except for a few files manually here and there like
> httpd.conf), so it looks like somehow my Tcl thread library got
> migrated over (unless this is a known issue?).  If I manually
> remove the Tcl folder from /Library (hoping it will use one of the
> alternatives) port breaks completely:
> $ port
> [...]

I also migrated from a G4 to an Intel Mac recently. However I have
nothing in /Library/Tcl called thread2.6.1, so I don't know how you
got that. It must not be a part of the base MacPorts install. I'm not
sure if maybe some port you installed added that, or if some other
non-MacPorts package installed it. In any case I would remove it.

Since removing it breaks your port system, you should at that point
rebuild MacPorts. You can download the MacPorts 1.4.0 disk image and
reinstall and hopefully it will work at that point.