somewhat [OT] byteswap.h

Michael Brian Bentley bentley at crenelle.com
Tue Apr 10 09:16:59 PDT 2007

I'm trying to build something that RedHat wrote for Linux on a Mac
Book Pro running OS X 10.4.8, and have come across a need for a file
called byteswap.h, which appears to be a Linux-only thing.

I imagine that at least one of the mac ports have run into needing a
version of this file.

I could invent an empty version of the file, and then fill it up with
whatever the build can't find. Is this file particularly well defined?

http://www.koders.com/c/fidB93B34CD44F0ECF724F1A4EAE3854BA2FE692F59.aspx says:

#warning "byteswap.h is an unportable GNU extension! Don't use!"

-Mike