installing old port version

Stefan Bruda bruda at cs.ubishops.ca
Sat Apr 21 15:59:31 PDT 2007

Hi,

At 23:24 +0200 on 2007-4-21 =1B,AP=90P;P5P:Q=81P5P9=1B(B =1B,AP=9CQ=83Q=
=80P0P=3DP>P2=1B(B wrote:

 > Ryan, thanks for your explanation, i might try to use your
 > recommendations to install an earlier version of xfig.  I have a
 > problem with the port of xfig 3.2.5-alpha5.  It crashes as only i
 > try to open the drop-down menu File, or Edit, or maybe any menu at
 > all.

Hereby confirmed, the cause being Xaw3D.  I hacked the build process
to exclude Xaw3D and Xfig now works well.  Personally I don't care
much about 3D buttons and menus so I don't mind the hack, but I am
wondering whether this is an Xfig problem of an Xaw3D one.

By the way, the immediatly earlier variant of Xfig had the same
problem for me as far as I remember, and also had a nasty bug in the
Export dialog (which would stretch to about a gazillion screens in
height as soon as somebody changed the format to export to).

Stefan

--=20
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't.  That's logic.
    --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass