A patch for installing php5 -macosx +apache

js ebgssth at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 12:11:37 PDT 2007

Hi Ryan,
Thanks you for your quick reply.

> What prompted you to make these changes to the portfile? Did you
> encounter error messages? What were they, and what were you doing
> when they occurred?

Sorry, I forgot to mention this.
Without this patch, I couldn't install php5 -macosx +apache
with the following errors.

checking for crypt in -lcrypt... no
configure: error: This c-client library is built with Kerberos support.

      Add --with-kerberos to your configure line. Check config.log for details.

> The documentation on the php web site to which you refer says "To
> build the c-client library with SSL or/and Kerberos support read the
> docs supplied with the package" and "Depending how the c-client was
> configured, you might also need to add --with-imap-ssl=/path/to/
> openssl/ and/or --with-kerberos=/path/to/kerberos into the PHP
> configure line."

Could be.

> I see that the cclient port does depend on kerberos5, if
> libgssapi_krb5 does not already exist. On my 10.4.9 system,
> libgssapi_krb5 already exists in /usr/lib so that gets used. Should
> cclient always depend on the kerberos5 port instead, or is there a
> compelling reason to use the Mac OS X-provided version? (Paul?)

No idea...

> I don't use c-client or kerberos5 nor really even know what they do.
> Um... I see that c-client is for accessing mailboxes. I don't do that
> in my php code. Since I prefer not to have lots of ports installed
> whose features I don't need, I'm inclined to make a cclient variant
> of php5. Anyone opposed?

That'd be great. I didn't do that just because I don't know about c-client and
there's some reasons that php5 port depends on this.
If it works without port most people don't use, I think it preferable.

Thanks you.