Oracle support in PHP?

John Korchok jkorchok at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 11 20:11:56 PST 2007

When I run phpinfo, the last configure command is:
'--with-oci8=instantclient,/opt/local/lib/oracle'

At http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/notes/technote_php_instant.html,
under the heading "Enabling the PHP OCI8 Extension on Linux " they suggest a
syntax like:
'--with-oci8-instant-client=/opt/local/lib/oracle'

Phpinfo has an oci8 section further, and it looks like it is getting
installed.