Universal Binaries

Kevin Ballard eridius at macports.org
Fri Feb 23 07:35:38 PST 2007

I'm curious as to why you want universal binaries. In general,
binaries produced via MacPorts can't be copied between platforms, as
they need all the libraries they depend on. Sure, you can copy your
entire MacPorts /opt/local tree, but outside of doing that it's quite
hard to migrate the built products.

Given that, what benefit do you get from universal binaries?

--
Kevin Ballard
http://kevin.sb.org
eridius at macports.org