gtksourceview# does not recognizes gnome#

olivier SAINT-EVE oliviersainteve at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jul 19 16:57:02 PDT 2007

Hello,

I send you some informations concerning my problem (which is the subject
of this mail):

-when I enter ./configure in the folder of the sources of
gtksourceview#, I obtain:

    checking for GTK_SHARP... configure: error: Package requirements
    (gnome-sharp-2.0 >= 1.9.3) were not met:

    No package 'gnome-sharp-2.0' found

    Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GTK_SHARP_CFLAGS
    and GTK_SHARP_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

- so I went to /opt/local/lib/pkgconfig, and I found gnome-vfs-2.0.pc
but not gnome-sharp-2.0.pc
- I copied gnome-sharp-2.0.pc from the directory where I have unzipped
the sources into /opt/local/lib/pkgconfig,
  and I saw that gtksourceview# said me he has found gnome-sharp( but
there is an error of another file is not found,   what is rather
normal); the conclusion is that gtksourceview# attemps   to   find
gnome-sharp-2.0.pc, but  does not find it, this is gnome-sharp which is
not properly installed
- I downloaded the source of  gnome-sharp from  the site of go-mono.org,
so I presume the version (2.16) is good
- there must exist a way to compile better gnome-sharp (some options to
enter?), but I haven't found it

can you help me?

lolveley.