macports-users Digest, Vol 10, Issue 2

Jochen Küpper jochen at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Sun Jun 3 05:30:01 PDT 2007

On 02.06.2007, at 19:52, Jyrki Wahlstedt wrote:

> gcc42 went stable a while ago, so that is the current official
> release. Looking at the port system bin directory, the way to
> launch the compiler seems to be 'gfortran-mp-4.2'. I didn't test
> this, but there it seems to sit waiting for code to compile:-)

That's correct. I have also successfully used it to compile code --
for other ports in the MacPorts system and for my "own" code as well.
(I do not program new in Fortran myself, but have many colleagu

There's also a g95 port in MacPorts, which has its pros and cons --
personally I don like it too much: if only for the political
decisions made by its maintainer, but also because I find gfortran on
most number crunchers I work on, but not g95.

Greetings,
Jochen
--
Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit                http://www.Jochen-