question about upgrading port (getting errors)

Evan Burrows eburrows at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 07:57:38 PDT 2007

Yeah I tried that the other day with no luck.  Then I figured it out.  It
seems as though the fact that it was retaining my previous install
information when I originally installed darwinports was what was causing the
issue.  After installing the new version of macports and doing a selfupdate
left me with the same problem. It was late at night by the time I did that
so I just wiped my macports install and all its references and did a fresh
install and then just ran a quick shell script to install everything I
wanted over night.  The next day when I checked everything I created the
startup items for the services I wanted and rebooted and I have a fully
functional macports install again.  Still a little weird why the uninstall
never worked but it is working now so that is all that matters.

Thanks for the help,
Evan