GTK2 & Cairo "Quartz" Variant

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jun 11 01:54:17 PDT 2007

On Jun 5, 2007, at 08:15, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:

> Am 31.03.2007 um 05:41 schrieb Mark Duling:
>
>> Ryan Schmidt on Friday, March 30, 2007 at 1:31 PM -0800 wrote:
>>
>>> The cairo port was already updated to 1.4.2, because it did not seem
>>> to exhibit the problem. You're saying the problem still exists in
>>> (the development version) 1.4.3? What happens if you try "sudo port
>>> install cairo +quartz +atsui"? It compiles without complaining
>>> for me.
>>
>> Someone has posted patches for gtk2 2.10.6.  Is this applicable or
>> are
>> they necessary with the current gtks, 2.10.11?
>>
>> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/11138
>
> Any updates on that? Yesterday I did a selfupdate of my ports
> installation and then tried
>
> sudo port install gtk2 +quartz
>
> but that still failed:
>
> gdkdrawable-quartz.c: In function 'gdk_quartz_ref_cairo_surface':
> gdkdrawable-quartz.c:64: error: incompatible type for argument 1 of
> 'cairo_quartz_surface_create'
> gdkdrawable-quartz.c:64: error: too many arguments to function
> 'cairo_quartz_surface_create'
> make[4]: *** [gdkdrawable-quartz.lo] Error 1
> make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2

I updated cairo to 1.4.8. I understand some things about Quartz and
ATSUI have changed again. I don't know if this improves or worsens
what happens with gtk2.

You ask if the posted patches for gtk2 2.10.6 are still applicable to
2.10.11. I don't know; I don't use gtk2. If you use gtk2, perhaps you
could try to build gtk2 with and without the patches and report which
works better.