interspersed and cut off

Pete Gontier pete at gontier.org
Mon Jun 11 17:27:21 PDT 2007

Thanks for the super -prompt and -useful response. Didn't know about
variants. I ended up with "+apache" and second-guessing the
instructions emitted to work with the Apache that was already on
Panther, and this seems to have gone swimmingly. Having achieved
comfort with variants, I threw in some more: "+mysql5 +sqlite +pear".
We'll see what I get out of "+mysql5" in a few hundred years when my
glacial development server finishes building all that I've thrown at
it. I suspect I probably should have built mysql5 with its own set of
variants (I would have thought "server" was implicit but it appears
not to be), but maybe it will all work out. Good thing I am not in a
hurry or I'd have to actually know what I am doing before trying it. :-)

— Pete Gontier <http://www.pete.gontier.org/>