Newbie ncursesw problem - can't install apache2

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 19 20:21:07 PDT 2007

On Mar 19, 2007, at 15:35, Baron Fujimoto wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Mar 2007, John Korchok wrote:
>
> : I am trying to install apache2 on an Intel Mac, but when it tries
> to build
> : ncursesw I always get:
> :
> : ---> Building ncursesw with target all
> : Error: Target com.apple.build returned: shell command "cd
> : "/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync
> : darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports_devel_ncursesw/work/ncurses-5.5"
> && make
> : all" returned error 2
> : Command output: cd man && make DESTDIR="" all
> : make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> : cd include && make DESTDIR="" all
> : make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> : cd ncurses && make DESTDIR="" all
> : gawk -f ./tinfo/MKnames.awk ./../include/Caps
> : make[1]: *** [codes.c] Illegal instruction
> : make: *** [all] Error 2
> :
> : Error: The following dependencies failed to build: ncursesw
> : Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
> :
> : I've tried all the usual clean -all installed and finally
> uninstalled
> : everything to start over, but I'm still getting this report. Any
> ideas?
>
> I am also having the problems with any port (or its dependencies) that
> require ncursesw (e.g. mutt, svn, etc).  I'm not sure if my
> problems are
> related to your's, but it's at least coincidental that they both
> involve
> ncursesw.
>
> % mutt
>   dyld: Library not loaded:
> /opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_
> dports_devel_ncursesw/work/destroot/opt/local/lib/libncursesw.5.dylib
>     Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/mutt
>     Reason: image not found
>   Trace/BPT trap
>
> I've tried uninstalling, cleaning and rebuilding the port and its
> dependencies, but always with the same results.

Baron, your problem does not appear to be the same one John is
reporting. Is your port tree up to date? Try "sudo port sync", then
installing ncursesw again.

John, I don't know what to tell you. ncursesw 5.5 (+universal, as it
happens) built find for me (with MacPorts 1.5 from trunk) on my
MacBook Pro. Which Intel Mac do you have? Is your OS up-to-date?