ESD loads the system on idle

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Mar 24 16:40:22 PDT 2007

On Mar 24, 2007, at 09:22, Stefan Bruda wrote:

> The following problem started to pop up recently, though I am not sure
> what I did (probably upgraded the outdated packages including some
> GNOME ones): ESD launches fine, plays the sounds fine, but during idle
> moments it doesn't just sit there, but sits there loading the system
> (to 99% or thereabouts).  Interestingly enough, the load goes down
> when ESD actually play sounds, the load is high only when idle.
>
> Is there any known cause of this, or any way of debugging the matter
> further.

I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with MacPorts. You
may want to ask the developers of EDS.

I would have checked the EDS portfile to see if it's doing anything
weird, but I can find no port called EDS, so I don't know what port
you're talking about. Then again I don't know anything about Gnome so
maybe this will be self-explanatory to someone who does.