Postfix warnings when starting (harmless?)

Sbranzo sbranzo at gmail.com
Wed May 9 10:30:55 PDT 2007

On 09/05/07 01:27, Tabitha McNerney wrote:
>  # postfix start
>
>  /opt/local/etc/postfix/postfix-script: line 200: ls: command not found
>  postfix/postfix-script: warning: not owned by root:
>  /opt/local/libexec/postfix
<...>
>  The  warnings about the command "ls" not being found in the postfix-script
>  on lines 200 and line 1 is quite strange (when I vi postfix-script line 1 is
>  not attempting to use the ls command but line 200 is). This is what line 200

<..>

Hi Tabitha,
this is a misbehaviuor I alrady spotted the first time I installed
postfix. If I recall correctly it's a matter of changing in
postfix-script the command "ls" with "/bin/ls".
On some installation this doesn't show up, because if coreutils (maybe
+with_default_names) is installed it disappear.

Can you please try changing the lines where the problem arise and report
it back, maybe with a diff from the original postfix script?

Bye,
Gufo