Ports wont install, everything failing

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Thu Nov 8 11:50:17 PST 2007

Ronald Valente <rawn027 at gmail.com> writes:
>So I did a port upgrade all thinking it would upgrade only what is
>outdated and it started installing a plethora of applications. Now
>nothing in ports works and I cant even uninstall or upgrade the
>application that I originally needed upgraded. What can i do?
>
>Here is the error:
>
>$ sudo port upgrade nagios-plugins
>Password:
>--->  Extracting nagios-plugins
>Error: Target org.macports.extract returned: error copying "/opt/local/
>var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/net/nagios-
>plugins/files/check_nt.c": no such file or directory
>Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
>
>Any Ideas? Thanks!

>-Ron

Hi Ron,

Do an uninstall, forced if necessary, and then clean.

sudo port -f uninstall nagios-plugins
sudo port clean --all nagios-plugins

Then do a selfupdate, and then reinstall.  Either you are not using the
most recent port, or when I removed the platform statements in the latest
nagios-plugins update that are now unnecessary, it has confused the
upgrade routine.

Mark