texinfo doesnt function

David Epstein David.Epstein at warwick.ac.uk
Fri Oct 12 08:19:07 PDT 2007

This discussion has been way above my head. Can someone just give me the
bottom line:

I cannot get info to work. Here is some output:
hottie:~/<1>ActualSubmission% which info
/opt/local/bin/info
hottie:~/<1>ActualSubmission% info info
info: dir: No such file or directory

Can someone tell me whether this means that info is currently unusable?

info coreutils ls
gives a similar response, namely "info: dir: No such file or directory".
Same for info coreutils.

I'm not pushing for work to be done on this, because I'm sure everyone is
busy on more important business, but does the previous mail exchanged on
this matter mean that someone is going to try to fix this?

Thanks
David.Epstein at warwick.ac.uk