esound won't install

Lenore Horner LenoreHorner at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 13 09:37:42 PDT 2007

I tried and then tried installing again to no avail.
Selfupdate reports everything is up to date.

Here's what happened.
[client155-180:~/Documents]% sudo port clean --all esound
Password:
--->  Cleaning esound
[client155-180:~/Documents]% sudo port install esound
--->  Fetching esound
--->  Attempting to fetch esound-0.2.38.tar.bz2 from http://
mandril.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/linux/gnome.org/sources/esound/0.2
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for esound
--->  Extracting esound
--->  Applying patches to esound
--->  Configuring esound
--->  Building esound with target all
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_audio_e
sound/work/esound-0.2.38" && make all " returned error 2
Command output: make: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.

Time spent in user mode   (CPU seconds) : 7.517s
Time spent in kernel mode (CPU seconds) : 1.791s
Total time                              : 0:18.36s
CPU utilisation (percentage)            : 50.6%
Times the process was swapped           : 0
Times of major page faults              : 0
Times of minor page faults              : 0
Exit 1