port upgrade installed fails: Can't map the URL 'file://.' to a port description file

Admin admin2 at enabled.com
Sun Dec 7 05:30:25 PST 2008

Hi there,

might somebody have a clue as to what is going on here?
I am running macports on a dual G5 with 10.5.5

I replaced my home directory path in the error message with <homedir>

sh-3.2# /opt/local/bin/port upgrade installed
Can't map the URL 'file://.' to a port description file ("Could not find
Portfile in /Users/<homedir>").
Please verify that the directory and portfile syntax are correct.
To use the current port, you must be in a port's directory.
(you might also see this message if a pseudo-port such as
outdated or installed expands to no ports).
Error: No port  found.
sh-3.2# whoami
root

Cheers,