change gcc version ?

Chris Jones christopher.rob.jones at cern.ch
Sat Dec 13 12:52:12 PST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to compile some KDE4 packages from macports and am running
into a problem with kdelibs4. After some googling I found various
places which mention the error I am getting, and all suggest using gcc
4.2 instead of 4.0

So, I want to try this, but cannot figure out how I am suppose to tell
macports to use the newer gcc version (I have the latest Xcode
instead, so have both versions available).

Can someone point me to some instructions on how to change the gcc
version that is used ?

cheers Chris