Error upgrading xrender on Panther

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Mon Dec 15 00:12:25 PST 2008

The actual issue of that ticket is resolved meaning things are no more
broken with xrender now than they were before (which means, they're
still not too great).  If you sync, you should be able to install
xrender without pulling in xorg-libX11 (assuming you can satisfy the
lib:libX11.6 dependency some other way).

The problem lies in some sort of conflict when both /usr/X11R6/lib/
libX11.dylib and /opt/local/lib/libX11/dylib are linked to by your
executable... so... yeah... my short term solution to offer you is
either

1) use all macports for your X11 dependencies (maybe setting x11prefix
to /opt/local in macports.conf will be enough... you should probably
then install xorg-libX11 so you don't accidently pull in XFree86)

or

2) use none of the xorg-* ports in macports

Sorry I can't offer you a better solution right now.