R GUI

Jesse Hamner jhamner at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 07:54:17 PST 2008

Hi David,

port list | grep R

(searching only for capital Rs in the list)

reveals that R-2.8 is housed under math/R, and even more narrow,

port list | grep "R "

(note the trailing space) currently only pulls two entries, one of which is our CRAN buddy.

Some packages, like GRASS GIS, actually have the option as part of the config file to build for Mac OS X. R is one of those packages as well. There are build options --with-aqua and --enable-R-framework, but both of these options are "yes" by default. I suppose that then, perhaps the question would be "how does one start the application in Aqua GUI mode?" rather than "how does one build the GUI?"

I just download R from CRAN as a Mac OS X package, so I haven't built it for OSX myself. Sorry about that.

Jesse