Installing PHP5: "Error, SSL/TLS libraries were missing or unusable"

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Feb 2 15:31:29 PST 2008

On Jan 30, 2008, at 02:28, Stefan Schwarzer wrote:

> I did a successful install like this:
>
> 	sudo port install php5 +apache2 +mysql5 +server

The php5 port does not have a +server variant.

If you were trying to get a mysql5 server out of this, then you need
to do two separate commands:

sudo port install mysql5 +server
sudo port install php5 +apache2 +mysql5

> Now, I discovered that php5 wasn't configured with postgres, that's
> why I wanted to repeat the process, this time using the postgres
> variant.
>
> So, I did an uninstall and clean of php5, mysql5 and apache2, and
> entered this:
>
> 	sudo port install php5 +postgresql +pear +universal +macosx
> +apache2 +mysql5 +server

You don't need to specify +macosx; MacPorts automatically selects
this variant if you are running on Mac OS X.

Most people don't need +universal. Do you really need to run this
software on both a PowerPC and an Intel Mac? If not, don't use
+universal. If you do use +universal, then you must make sure that
you have already compiled all dependencies with +universal too.