Emacs and Leopard problems continue

Rob MacLeod macleod at cvrti.utah.edu
Mon Feb 4 05:46:17 PST 2008

I was not able to get the Leopard shipped version of emacs to fire up
an X window.    All it would do was drive the terminal window (or X11
xterm) from which I launched it.  This is not acceptable, of course.

I was able to download the generic emacs from the gnu site, apply the
patch that I got from the Macports edition of emacs, and then get it
to both build and work.  So why is the version on MacPorts still so
lame?  Is there someone maintaining this package?

Cheers,
Rob