Checksum failure with ncbi-tools, then missing getfeat.

Matt Scilipoti mattscilipoti at possiamo.com
Mon Jan 21 21:25:21 PST 2008

Randy,
Thanks for your instruction.  I have created ticket #14028 and
included michael.thon at yahoo.com in the CC.

More below.

On 1/21/08, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
... snipped ...

> > For future reference...
> > A google search shows that the checksum error has occurred before.
> > This is one of the reasons many libraries have started including
> > version numbers in the file name.  This practice also ensures that
> > prior versions of the libraries remain available.
> >
> > Thanks for attention in this matter.
>
> That's great advice, but it would do more good if sent to the
> developers of ncbi_tools, not to the MacPorts project, which is
> merely at the developers' mercy.

I would like to assist the port maintainer by directing him to some
MacPort specific guidelines, but I was unable to find them on the
wiki.  I have noticed that python, xfce, and a few others are using a
similar convention in MacPorts.  Perhaps there are other measures
available in MacPorts?  I saw that I could install a particular
version, but I could not find how to list the available versions.

Thanks again,
Matt