upgrades fail after leopard update

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Jun 12 16:42:06 PDT 2008

Alan Batie wrote:
> Consider this a feature request that "port upgrade" actually do an
> upgrade...  I realize that's a different sort of upgrade, but this is
> going to be a royal pain in the backside...

MacPorts simply cannot know that the underlying platform changed. But
this does not happen very often, so it is not a great issue.

But how should we improve this?

We treat the auto-selected special platform variants like any other
variant. So at upgrade we don't know if this is special or a requested
variant. Correct me if I am wrong on this.

Rainer