Install successful now trying to install ntop

Chris Pickel sfiera at macports.org
Tue Mar 11 15:08:11 PDT 2008

On 11 Mar, 2008, at 17:47, Alex Zavatone wrote:
> I then looked on http://www.macports.org for available ports and
> entered ntop in the entry field.  I found a description of ntop but
> nothing to help me install it.  I clicked on Downloads under
> Available Shortcuts and it didn't have ntop info so I resorted to
> that information that I found prowling around that other site.

OK; the reason there isn't information for "installing ntop" is
because all ports install in the same way. We can look into repeating
that information on the ports' pages too.

> Regarding the lock on the file, I deleted that file and it Libcap
> compiled.
>
> Right afterwards, cgilib failed to build since the terminal didn't
> know what the command "O3" was.  Details below.
>
> ---> Building cgilib with target {}
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
> local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
> .macports.org_release_ports_www_cgilib/work/cgilib-0.5" && make
> CFLAGS="-O3 -fPIC -I." " returned error 2
> Command output: O3 -fPIC -I. -c -o cgi.o cgi.c
> make: O3: Command not found
> make: [cgi.o] Error 127 (ignored)
> O3 -fPIC -I. -c -o cookies.o cookies.c
> make: O3: Command not found
> make: [cookies.o] Error 127 (ignored)
> ar rc libcgi.a cgi.o cookies.o
> ar: cgi.o: No such file or directory
> ar: cookies.o: No such file or directory
> make: *** [libcgi.a] Error 1
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: rrdtool cgilib
> libart_lgpl perl5.8 tcl

I don't know about this; maybe the port's maintainer, markd, would be
able to help. It looks like somehow $(CC) is not set but I don't know
why that would happen.

Regards,

Chris